Friday, September 21, 2012

A Writer's Week #37: Busy, Busy, Busy

This past week was a busy--and productive one--at Deliverers Publishing Headquarters. Let's see, where to begin? Oh yes, I've finally managed (after more than nine months) to come up with a name for the sequel to The Deliverers. Are you ready? The name of the new book is (drum roll) The Deliverers 2: Order of the Crystal Lion. Cool title, huh?

The Order of the Crystal Lion is a secret society that works as a sort of underground resistance in this civil war that's being fought on the next world that Eric, Stig, Kate and Hallo go to help.

Anyway, I'll be giving you some more details as the book gets closer to completion and is edited, rewritten, etc. That brings me to my next bit of news. This week I was able to get even closer to finishing the first draft of Order of the Crystal Lion by writing 3,000 words. That brings me up to 49,000 words, 54 chapters and 215 pages! Boy, it's really coming along. I'd like to complete the first draft by the end of the month, but something tells me it might not be done until early October. Then, of course, I'll have to edit it and do some rewriting. Still, I'm getting very close now, so my excitement is growing.

On the Sharky and the Jewel front, Jimm Singer sent me take one of the first 18 minutes of the audio book. It sounded fantastic! I made a few suggestions and there were some points that he was not entirely pleased with, so Jimm took all that and went back to the studio to produce take two. I received that a couple of days ago and was really blown away. Jimm's got the tone and feel of Eric and Stig down. His narrative voice sounds just right. I even got a couple lines of the Gatekeeper, and he sounds promising.

It really is wild to hear someone else reading my book. He's taken the characters and the story and brought them to life in a way that I never could. I've heard Eric and Stig's voices in my head for years now, and it's really freaky--in a neat way--to hear them brought to life by someone else. I am so stoked to hear the rest of the book. I'll keep you all up to date on the whole process as it moves along.

Also, keep an eye out for a promotion coming up next week. I've lowered the price of the Kindle version of The Deliverers: Sharky and the Jewel to 99 cents from now until the middle of October. However, next week on the 26th and 27th The Deliverers will be FREE. Tell all your friends and neighbors. Tell your family. I want to get everyone talking about this. This is a perfect way to get the word out about the book and generate some buzz. So please, tell everyone you know about it. It's a great story that deserves to be read and enjoyed by children (and adults) of all ages!

I'll let you know how it all went next Friday. Talk to you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment