Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Character Interview: The Gatekeeper

Since the release of The Golden Dragon of Ang is only about 14 days away, I thought it would be good to talk with someone who could give us a big picture overview of the Deliverers Series. He's very busy, which is why I haven't been able to tie him down long enough to speak with us. This morning, though, there was a knock on my door and there he was. He said he was finally ready to talk. Who was I to argue? So, here we go.

Greg:  Thanks for taking some time to sit and chat with us.

Gatekeeper:  Well, thank you my boy, it's wonderful to be here, but I really can't sit--too much to do.

Greg:   Yep, I got that. First off, we've received a little bit of information about the current Assignment from Eric, Kate, Hall and Stig. It sounds pretty mysterious. Can you clear things up a little bit, give us the inside scoop?

Gatekeeper:  Hmmm, it is all rather mysterious, I have to admit. You see, this whole situation hit me out of the blue.

Greg:  Out of the blue? I can't buy that, you always know what's going on. But I think we're getting a little bit ahead of ourselves. What is going on?

Gatekeeper:  It's a little complicated. I explained the little I knew at the time to Eric before the Assignment began. I told him about the nature of the sparkling mist and that he should be on the lookout for it.

Greg:  He told us that, but what I want to know is, what's it all about?

Gatekeeper:  To be honest, I'm really not sure. Something bad is happening that could affect the entire universe. Someone or something is using the sparkling mist to disrupt things on other worlds.

Greg:  What do you mean by disrupt?

Gatekeeper:  Undermine the stability of worlds. If one world goes, it could set forces in motion that will topple every other world like dominos. I haven't shared this fear with anyone yet, so please keep it under your hat. This is quite a serious problem.

Greg:  So how are you going to tackle it?

Gatekeeper:  The Deliverers are one of the teams I'm using to combat the situation. In the short time
they've been together, they've had quite a bit of success. They each bring their individual talents to the team and they all work very well together. I'm glad I decided to team them up.

Greg:  I have to say it was an excellent choice. What does the future hold for them.

GateKeeper:  Well, I really don't know, but it appears things are coming to a head. If they are able to contain the situation in the Dragon Islands, then perhaps we can begin to attack the root of the problem if we can just pin it down.   

Greg:  I hope that you all meet with success. After all, if the universe is in trouble it's bad news for us as well.

Gatekeeper:  Well now, I suppose you're right. Ah well, don't worry. I'm sure Eric and the others will win out in the end. All they'll need is courage, perseverance, teamwork and a bit of luck. Now, I really must dash, there is so much that has to be done. It was really great talking with you. We really must do this again soon.

Greg:  That would be great. Good luck with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment