Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Writer's Week #102: Tough Going

Howdy folks. Boy, I hope your week went more smoothly than mine. First off, two snowstorms dumped over a foot of snow on my little corner of New England, making travel difficult. This forced me to cancel one of my training classes at work. That meant I had to reschedule two make-up classes for next week while my department will be packing up to move to another town on Friday.

 All of this must have put a damper on my creativity this week, because I was not able to do much on the writing front. I only managed to write 1,000 words on the Deliverers 4. This book has been giving me problems from the start. It was easy to come up with the idea--and it was a good one--but it took me longer than usual to iron out the details of the plot.

I have to admit that the part I was writing this week was not the most thrilling section. In it, Eric and the other Deliverers are walking into town. All the time, Eric is learning how different his town is in 1777. I managed to get them into the center of town and they have made a decision on how they are going to proceed, so I am anticipating that things will start to move from here.

I suspect that I'll have to do some rewriting of this section eventually, but this week it was just a case of
Eric & friends are now under the Liberty Tree
trying to power through and getting it written down. So I'm now at 6,000 words in 27 pages and three chapters. I am hoping to write a lot this week, but that may bee difficult as there is a lot going on once again.

I am also hoping that sometime this week I'll receive the completed front cover for The Golden Dragon of Ang. If so, I'll be sure to share that with you next week. Have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment