Friday, January 3, 2014

A Writer's Week #97: Bad & Good

This has been an up and down week--some bad, some good. Last week I was excited to report that I had begun writing The Deliverers 4. I started right after Christmas and I got off to a good start. The opening dream sequence was just right and I felt that everything was going well. Then, something strange happened. Try as I might, I just could not muster the enthusiasm to continue.

It took me a little while to figure out what was going on. There are elements of the story that I still need to hammer out. There's a new villain who's manipulating the sparkling mist. I know a little bit about him and what his motivation is, but I now realize that I have to learn more before I can get deeper into this new tale. Once I do, I'll be able to get back to writing. I just have do a little more planning.


That's okay, though, because I still some exciting things happening with the prep work for The Golden Dragon of Ang. This week I received the colorized version of the front cover. It looks really great. Once the  titling and the final effects are added, it's going to be fantastic. Once that's done, all that remains is the chapter illustration and layout and the book will be ready to go!

I'm really excited about getting the third installment of the Deliverers series published. I know you're all going to enjoy it. I'm also really looking forward to ironing out the plot kinks in book 4 and continuing that. I'll let you know how things are progressing next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment