Friday, November 8, 2013

A Writer's Week #92: Plotting Along

Appearance Alert:  I will be holding a book signing on November 16th from 1:00 to 3:00 at the Barn Gallery in New Fairfield, CT. If you're in the area, stop by, I'd love to see you.

This has been a busy couple of weeks. Last weekend, I was the featured author at the CT Society of Santas' 4th annual arts and crafts festival. It was a two day event, which was a first for me. I was a little apprehensive, but also excited. After I arrived and set up, I took a stroll to check out the other vendors. I was really impressed with the quality.

The foot traffic the first day was disappointing. It was a beautiful day with temperatures pushing 70 degrees. Most people were out and doing things. I had a lot of fun, despite slow sales. My college roommate, Bill Bossert, and his wife Meg stopped by to chat and pick up a copy of Order of the Crystal Lion. It was great to see them.

After the slow traffic on Saturday, I approached Sunday with a mixture of hope and trepidation. Thankfully,
Sunday was a much better day from a sales perspective. I was visited by friends Lauren and Keegan Shaw and their adorable twins. All in all, I had a decent show. Sales were what I normally have in a one day show, but I made a lot of new friends, met a bunch of kids, and reconnected with some old friends. You can't ask for any more than that. I will definitely be back next year.

Meanwhile, on the writing front, I've been plotting along. I've been wrestling with the plot outline for The Deliverers 4 for a while now. This morning on my walk I think I hit upon the solution to the big sticking point. Someone is trying to change history. Eric and the Deliverers have to go back in time to stop this someone from trying to change history. They go back to the time of the revolution to a couple days before a battle that was fought in Eric's hometown. My problem was that I could not figure out how this individual manifests himself. This morning, I figured it out. Hopefully, the rest of the plotting will go smoothly and quickly! I'd like to start writing by the end of this month. I'll let you know how it's going next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment