Monday, August 5, 2013

Character Interviews: Eric & Stig

In celebration of the release of The Deliverers 2: Order of the Crystal Lion, I thought it would be nice to check in with Eric and Stig to get their thoughts on their latest Assignment.

Greg:  Hey guys. I've been paging through the latest book, and it looks to me like you've had quite an exciting time of things on this Assignment.

Eric:  Yeah, it was really tough. In a lot of ways, I think it was even more difficult than our first Assignment together.

Stig:  I quite agree. Each adventure is challenging in its own way, but I think this one was particularly challenging for myself, personally.

Greg:  Wow, that's saying something, considering you have been on a bunch of missions. Stig.

Stig:  Yes, this was only Eric's second, but it was my 13th. It proved to be very unlucky for me at times. I shudder to think of what might have happened.

Eric:  I don't like to think of it either. This one was an eye-opener for me. I learned that anything
can happen. i always thought, you know, that these Assignments could be dangerous, but that we were sort of, like, protected. But after this one, I realized that the danger is real.

Stig:  It was especially harrowing for me. Although I have always been well aware of the dangers, I'll admit that I may have become a trifle nonchalant about the whole thing over the years. I suppose that what happened to me was inevitable.

Greg:  Why? What happened to you?

Stig:  Hmmm? Oh, well I would not want to spoil anything for your readers--or yourself. You'll just have to read the book.

Eric:  Yeah, I still can't talk about it. Even thinking about it gives me the shivers.

Greg:  Oh fine, have it your way. I'll read the book and then we'll talk. Would it be too much to ask what, aside from this big mystery, was the most scary moment for you?

Eric:  For me it was definitely when Trelango took us all prisoner and wanted to zap me with that machine that added animal genes to your DNA. I'm afraid I can't tell you what happened, though.

Greg:  Of course you can't. How about you, Stig?

Stig:  Oh, well I suppose it was the time when I was flying through the virtual tunnel. It was starting to collapse and the sparkling mist--

Greg:  Sparkling mist?

Eric:  It's this, well, sparkling mist. Selango, the rebel leader--who's Trelango's brother in case you didn't know--built a virtual tunnel underneath Vynistra City. It wasn't real. It was made from this sparkling mist. The mist is really powerful--we don't really know exactly everything it can do.

Stig:  Yes, frightfully dangerous stuff, I'd guess. Selango ought never to have messed about with it. Still, I think that we were able to wrap things up sufficiently so that we shan't hear anything more about it.

Greg:  Let's hope so. If it's as powerful as you say, things could take a turn for the worse if it were to crop up again.

Eric:  You're right. I don't think the universe could stand too much of that stuff floating around.

Stig:  Perish the thought!

Greg:  Well, on that note, I think it's time to say goodnight. Thanks so much for sharing what little you could about your latest adventure. Despite all the mystery, it sounds like an exciting time.

No comments:

Post a Comment