Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Writer's Week #83: Fun Stuff Later This Weekend

This week was one for puzzling things out. I am very close to finishing up the first draft of The Deliverers 3: The Golden Dragon of Ang, but I ran into a problem with the big climactic scene. There are two bad guys who are not together. I had to bring them together, have one take control, surprising the other one, and then get everyone in position for the final problem to be resolved.

That took some doing. There was a lot of experimentation going on, which was time consuming. Finally, I hit upon an acceptable solution. As a result, I wrote only a little more than 1,000 words, but I'm in good position to get the book finished in the next two weeks or so. After that, it will be edit, rewrite, and hopefully (budget willing) have someone edit it. Artwork it progressing. Both maps are complete and a cover concept will be in development by October.


But enough about that for now. The title of this post promised some fun stuff. Here's the scoop. On Monday I am going to be interviewed by Ara on her blog, My Book and My Coffee. In conjunction with that, she will be running a giveaway with two ebook versions of The Deliverers 2: Order of the Crystal Lion as prizes! On top of that, the Kindle version of the first book in the Deliverers Series, Sharky and the Jewel, will be FREE on Monday and Tuesday!

So please check out My Book and My Coffee on Labor Day, enter the giveaway, and pick up your free copy of Sharky and the Jewel. If you've already read either book in the Deliverers Series, why not write a review? I would really appreciate it. I'll let you know how everything went next week! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment