Saturday, August 10, 2013

A Writer's Week #81: Vacation!!!

Yes, that's right, I'm finally taking a vacation! We do something every year at this time, but this year it's been a long time coming. Next week, I won't be posting as I've decided to take a little writing vacation as well as a work one. Of course I don't think I'll be able to take a vacation from thinking about my latest work in progress.

I think vacation mode kicked in earlier this week, because I only wrote a little less than 500 words That puts The Deliverers 3: The Golden Dragon of Ang at just under 54,000. The end is taking a little longer to write than I had hoped. I did come up with a little twist for an earlier section of the book. I'll go back and re-write it after the first draft is finished. I keep coming back to the fact that I'm really liking this book. It's going to take the series to the next level and tie in things from the second book with events in thee fourth and fifth books.

I met today with illustrator Daniel Vogel and presented him with a copy of book 2. He's just about finished the first map for book 3 and is starting on the second. He's also going to work on a group shot of the four Deliverers in a slightly anime style that I'll use as the header for the blog and perhaps turn into a banner for shows. So, things are moving right along with book 3.

Publicity is still in the works for Order of the Crystal Lion. Once vacation is over, you should start to hear and see some buzz about it. I'm looking around for some shows at which to set up shop this fall. When I get some dates set, I'll let you all know.

So, things are headed in the right direction, but I think I need to take a little break and come out re-energized for the rest of the year. Have a great week everyone. Be well!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your vacation was relaxing! So important to take a break and recharge. I know you probably thought a lot about your books, marketing, etc.- but hopefully you mostly just took a breather. :)

    Awesome that everything is moving in the right direction. The work going on with Daniel sounds interesting!

    Have a great week and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vacation was great. I got some great pictures that will be an inspiration for book four, plus we all had a great time! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete