Friday, August 2, 2013

A Writer's Week #80: Planting Seeds

This week has been kind of quiet. I was busy on the writing and marketing fronts planting seeds, but nothing is ready to blossom just yet. I spent a lot of time putting in requests for reviews and interviews. A couple of my blogging friends will be posting reviews and/or interviews over the course of the next month or so.

I also contacted a couple of the local papers and they will be running articles in support of the book sometime this month. The weekly paper in the town I live will bee running an article in their back to school issue later in August. I'm really looking forward to that. My company's newsletter will be running an article on me this month, too. I always see a jump in sales when these outlets feature me.

So far, the release of The Deliverers 2 has been a mild success. Even with what I call a "soft release" i.e. relatively no publicity, I'm managing to sell a book-either paperback or Kindle-just about every other day. My goal for now is to sell at least one book on Amazon every day, and sell a bunch of books locally at various events for the rest of the year. I'll be happy with that modest success. If I can get a few reviews on Amazon (well, okay 20 or more) then I'll consider this book a success.

Once the publicity I've planned kicks in, I think I have a good shot at reaching my goals. Then, the plan is to finish up book 3 and release it this February. Speaking of book 3, The Golden Dragon of Ang is progressing very nicely.

I'm right at the climax of the book. Eric and the rest of the Deliverers are finding out something very important right now. It's pretty exciting. I wrote 2,000 words this week, putting the word count at 53,500 over 233 pages and 54 chapters. Daniel Vogel is working on the third (and hopefully, final) version of the map of the Dragon Islands. I'll keep you updated on my progress next week. Until then, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment