Friday, June 21, 2013

A Writer's Week #74: It's Summmmmeerrrrrr!!!!!

All right, before I go any farther I have to acknowledge that summer is finally here! I'm doing a little happy dance as I write this. I am so looking forward to summer this year. It's going to be great. I have to admit I don't usually get so excited about any change of season, but for some reason this year is different.

Part of my excitement could be due to the fact that the second book in the Deliverers Series, Order of the Crystal Lion, will be out next month! Another reason could be that my children still have a day and a half of school left (he, he). Still, I'm looking forward to spending some time with them when school finally does come to an end. They already had the sprinkler out and were getting soaked when I came home from work today.

Anyhow, I'll let you know when I have a firm release date for the book set. I'll also be unveiling the cover in the not too distant future! Yes, I'm glad summer is here.

I got a lot of writing done this week, which was fantastic. The storyline for The Deliverers 3: The Golden Dragon of Ang is moving right along. Eric & Co. have just arrived on the fifth and final island in the Dragon Islands chain. Well, maybe they have one more island left--we'll see what I've got up my sleeve.

I'm very pleased with the progress of the book so far. I've been working at weaving in elements from the second book that will expand in the third and grow for the remainder of the series. This week I wrote 3,350 words, which puts the third book at 40,750 in 41 chapters over 179 pages. The plot is going to take a turn, probably sometime next week.

So, that's where everything stands. I hope everyone has a great weekend--get out and enjoy the weather if you can! I'll leave you with a nice summertime song sung by some fun friends. Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment