Friday, June 14, 2013

A Writer's Week #73: The Write Stuff

This was a terrific writer's week. It was filled with wonderful things, not the least of which was my return to writing after an almost two month hiatus! More on that in a bit. The first great happening of the week was my appearance at the Preserve New Fairfield Strawberry Festival on Sunday. The weather was great and there was a large turnout.  I had a great time chatting with people, making new friends and catching up with old ones. I even managed to sell a few books.
Lovely setting for a book signing!

The really encouraging part was that everyone was asking me about the second book and when it was coming out. As a matter of fact, I'm being asked that question quite frequently lately. It's been great being able to tell them that it will be out soon.

This month's meeting of the Character Book Club is meeting on C. Lee McKenzie's page. Guess what? Eric and Stig are being featured in an interview with Pete, the main character from Lee's fantastic book, Alligators Overhead. I know Eric and Stig had a great time meeting Pete and being interviewed by him. The CBC is a great place where characters from your favorite middle grade novels get together to find out what's going on with each other. Next month, Pete is going to be interviewed
by the Detective Mystery Squad from The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow. I'll let you know
Strawberry shortcake, yum!
when and where.

So as you can see, things are heating up here at White Owl Manuscripts. I'm still waiting the final files for The Deliverers 2: Order of the Crystal Lion, but it's great to know that I'm not the only one. As I said before, I hear from many people who are looking forward to it coming out. All I can say is be patient, I don't think we're too far away.

The really big news of the week is that I've finally resumed writing on The Deliverers 3: Thee Golden Dragon of Ang. Looking back, I haven't done any new writing in almost two months! Wow, has it really been that long? I'm not sure why I haven't been writing. I did some editing on it and mapped out the remainder of the book, so I haven't been completely idle. I guess I
The band was excellent!
just needed a break. The last two and a half years have been extremely busy for me both at work, and on the writing front, so I just had to relax a little and attack things afresh.

Than being said, I'm raring to go. I started writing again today and cranked out 1,400 word in a couple of hours. You know I can bee a numbers person at times (a career in banking will do that to you), so here they are. I'm at 37,500 words, 37 chapters and 164 pages. Look for that number to grow in the coming weeks.

As I was writing today, I had a mini-revelation. I think I've finally hashed out the true nature of what Eric & Co. will be up against in the rest of the Deliverers Series. An indication appears in book 2 and it's coming to the fore in book 3. It should take off from there. I'll give you a little more info (and maybe a preview) next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment