Friday, January 18, 2013

A Writer's Week #54: Another Nice Week

Hi everyone, how are you? I hope you've had a great week. For me, this has been a fantastic writer's week. The cover of The Deliverers 2: Order of the Crystal Lion is progressing, and I hope to have something to review soon. The writing of The Deliverers 3: The Golden Dragon of Ang is going so smoothly, that I have to wonder if it's not going too smoothly. More on that in a bit.

My biggest thrill, though, had to do with my first book, The Deliverers: Sharky and the Jewel. That's because the audio book version was released on Wednesday on Audible.com, and yesterday on Amazon. It will be available on iTunes shortly, too. What a great feeling! Narrator Jimm Singer worked long and hard on the production, and it shows. It's a great sounding book, if I do say so myself. Here's a video I made of the audio book sample. Blogger does not have an easy way to display audio files (if anyone knows of one, please comment below!), so I produced a video. Take a listen and leave a comment.


As I mentioned earlier, The Deliverers 3: The Golden Dragon of Ang, is really moving along quickly. I have not found myself getting bogged down with plot questions. This week, I wrote 3,200 words, bringing me to 10,000, which works out to 10 chapters and 46 pages. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues.

I think one of the reasons that it's going so well is that I really planned this one out from the start. It's not that I did not do that for the first two, it's just that I spent more time on it this time around. The vision was there from the start, and I think I'm wiser now and more experienced. Will I ever get to the point where I'll be so inspired that I can write a book in a few weeks? Maybe one day. But even if I do, where would I find three uninterrupted weeks to do it? Right now, I'm just glad that I'm on pace to finished the first draft by the end of June rather than the end of August. Will I be able to keep up the pace? I'll update you again next week. 



4 comments:

  1. What an amazing week! It sounds like everything is moving along great : ) Audio is fabulous! ~ Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! Yes, things are moving. Hope they're moving along well for you, Stephanie and the DMS! :) Thank you for stoppinng by!

      Delete
  2. So happy to hear that book three is coming along well so far! Having a plan always works for me. :) I think the audio sounds fantastic and I can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I know you'll love it. It's a great classroom tool to get them into the book and get them reading, Thanks for chatting!

      Delete