Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Monday Interview Series: Wendy Darling

Hi all. I'm sorry I was not able to post this interview on Monday. I never like to be late to the party, but there was a lot going on yesterday, and I did not plan very well for that, unfortunately. Anyhow, this week's interview is with Peter Pan's friend, Wendy Darling.


Greg:  Welcome Wendy. It's so nice to have you here.

Wendy:  Why thank you, it's my pleasure I'm sure. My what a charming place you have. So much nicer than Captain Hook's pirate ship.It's just a little messy is all.

Greg:  Well, I should hope it's nicer than a pirate ship. Hey, you don't have to pick anything else. I was going to do it, really I was.

Wendy:  Oh it's no bother. I rather like it. I was always cleaning up after Peter and the Lost Boys and my brothers.

Greg:  Oh yes, Peter Pan. So those stories were true? Did you really visit Neverland with him and have fantastic adventures?

Wendy:  Why yes indeed. Peter brought John and Michael and I to Neverland. They needed a mother you see to tell them stories and darn their socks and clean up after them.

Greg:  To be honest, I don't think that sounds all that thrilling for you.

Wendy:  Oh but it was. You see, in between all of that, we had the most marvelous adventures with the indians and the Lost Boys. Then there was the fun we had flying around and pulling tricks on Captain Hook and the pirates. We had such fun.

Greg:  That sounds more like it. What about your relationship with Peter? He's an interesting chap, is he not?

Wendy:  Why yes, but quite strange. He'll never grow up. I wanted to give him a kiss, but he gave me a thimble instead. I offered him my mother, but he wanted to go back to Neverland. He's always been very sweet, and he always will be. 

Greg:  So there's no truth to the rumor about a rivalry between you and Tinkerbell for Peter's affections?

Wendy:  I should say not. Of course I can't speak for Tinkerbell, but I have always held her in the highest regard. We both care for Peter. For my part my affection is more friendly, um, much as one would regard a brother. Now Tinkerbell may have an entirely different view of the matter, but you would have to ask her about that.

Greg:  Fair enough. What would you say was your favorite part of Neverland?

Wendy:  Flying with Peter. It is such fun to fly through the air free as a bird, thinking happy thoughts. To see Neverland from the air is something that everyone should experience at least once.

Greg:  Do you ever see much of Peter these days?

Wendy:  Well, I'm old now, and my children have all grown. But Peter still comes to see me every spring to ask me to help with his spring cleaning. Deep down I would love to go, but of course I am much too old now. I don't have quite as many happy thoughts as I did when I was young. Mind you, I am not awash in gloomy thoughts, it's just that I am not a child anymore and I lack the innocence I once had.

Greg:  I know what you mean. Gone are the days when I would take a stick and pretend it was a sword and have all sorts of adventures. Oh well, at least we can remember, can't we? Thank you so much for spending some time with us.

Wendy:  It was my pleasure. If I were you, I would find a stick and have an adventure. You're never too old. As for me, I believe that if Peter comes next spring I shall go with him. I want to soar again.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy is correct, Greg! You're never too old for an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well writing is my way of having an adventure. You can go anywhere when you write! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete