Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday Interview Series: Father Time

Well here we are, at the end of another year. I was wondering who I could get on such a busy night, and I was lucky enough to bump into our guest on his way to Times Square. He graciously agreed to take a minute and talk with us a little. He's in a hurry, so we'll get right to it, welcome Father Time!

Greg:  Welcome Father Time. Thanks for stopping by on what must be a very busy night for you.

Time:  You ain't just whistling Dixie, bub! This is just about the most busy night you can imagine. So if you want to ask questions you better hurry, I don't have much time. Get it? Father Time doesn't have much time? Ha, ha, ha, boy irony can sure be ironic sometimes, can't it. Sorry, just a time humor there.

Greg:  Yes, quite witty, you must have been waiting a long time to use that. Or perhaps you've used it many times? Anyway, enough of this idle chit chat. What are your thoughts about this past year as we head into the new one?

Time:  Well, now I've seen so many years come and go they all start to look alike to me. Mind you there are some that stand out, you understand. Take 1776 for instance, lots of excitement there. The year 1 was pretty momentous. The common misconception of course is that the year 1 was the first year, but there were millions before that. I can remember 'em all.

Every year has its ups and downs. You can always find a little good in every year, no matter how bad and a little bad in every year no matter how good it was overall. This year has been no exception. We've had a lot of trials this year, especially lately, but plenty of good moments, too.

Greg:  Yes, I guess you're right. What do you look forward to in the new year?

Time:  Land sakes, I look forward to being able to slow down a little bit. Did you ever notice that January and February kind of plod around a bit? Well that's no accident, sonny! I've got to rest up a bit, recharge my battery. The end of the year is a busy time. Time marches on, but sheesh, no need to rush on without slowing down to smell the roses every so often.

Besides, I've got to take some time to get the old year squared away in his place among eternity and the new year up to speed, otherwise it's like falling off that dadblamed fiscal cliff I hear so much about.

Greg:  I guess everyone has their cliffs that they have to put up with. How do new years prepare for their time?

Time:  I've got a little prep school set up for 'em. Yep, I train 'em up right for a number of years. Just between you and me, the next few years are shaping up pretty nicely if I do say so myself, so you can look forward to better times ahead. Again, just between you and me, the last couple of years have been a little shaky. They did all right, but didn't work out quite as well as 2013, 14 and 15. We're on to some real winners with this lot, I can tell you.

Greg:  Well, I think we can all take a little bit of comfort from that bit of news. Now I know you're in a hurry, so we'll let you fly. Thanks again for spending just a little bit of time with us!

Time:  My pleasure. It was a lot of fun, but I've got to be flying. I always do when I'm having fun. Happy New Year!

Greg:  Happy New Year! And Happy New Year to all of you. Thanks for reading this past year, and have a safe, happy and healthy 2013! God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment