Friday, December 28, 2012

A Writer's Week #51: Looking Behind and Ahead

So here we are at the end of another year. All in all I'd say it's been a good one. On the writing side, I've accomplished a lot. 
Happy New Year from Stig!
  • The Deliverers, while not setting the world on fire, has sold okay. More importantly, I have received enthusiastic feedback from readers, which has been very encouraging and much appreciated.
  • I made a lot of school visits and met a bunch of great students and teachers. 
  • I was also able to write the second book, The Deliverers 2: Order of the Crystal Lion. It is currently in the hands of test readers and will be out by next spring.
  • The audio book version of The Deliverers: Sharky and the Jewel featuring Jimm Singer is complete and will be out in January.
The new year will soon be upon us, and that means that it's time to write another book. This week, I began writing the third book in the Deliverers series, The Deliverers 3: The Golden Dragon of Ang. I spent over a month mapping out and refining the plot. 

Christmas a few years ago--Christian & Abby
I have set a goal of 2,000 words a week. Now, I only wrote a little over 1,700 words this week, but I have to say that I'm satisfied with that. For me, starting a book is the hardest part. After all, I rewrote the first chapter of both my previous books. I think this time, I got the first chapter right (although it's not quite finished yet). Time will tell.

With the coming of the new year, I think I'm off to a great start. I'm looking forward to seeing this book grow and develop. As always, I'll bring you along for the ride every week. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment