Wednesday, October 3, 2012

What's Marissa Reading? You Have to Stop This

Marissa's back for the first time since I was away on vacation in August (seems so long ago). If you remember, she gave her thoughts on four of the books in the Secret Series by Pseudonymous Bosch. Today, she's back to talk about the fifth book in the series, You Have to Stop This. Let's see what she had to say.

Here's what Marissa says the book is about.

"While on a field trip to the Natural History museum Cass, Max-Ernest, and Yoji decide to sneak off to go look at a special mummy. But when they get surprised by a security guard, Cass accidentally breaks off the priceless mummy's finger! To pay for the damage, they have to work sorting through artifacts at the museum, but in their off time they make a major discovery. 

"Cass, Max-Ernest, and Yoji believe the mummy is actually the alchemist who discovered the Secret. In their quest to see if this is true they get shipped half way across the country to Las Vegas in wooden crates where they soon discover that Lord Pharoh, an evil alchemist who also strives to learn the Secret, is there plotting his revenge. While Cass is trying to learn the Secret, as the Secret Keeper, some crazy things happen which I am not going to reveal."

What did Marissa like best about the book?

"I liked the part when Cass discovered the Secret but was disappointed. And also when she figured out the true meaning of the Secret."

Was there anything that Marissa did not like?

"I didn't like how Cass always blamed Max-Ernest for every little thing that went wrong, it was annoying."

So, how did Marissa rate You Have to Stop This, by Pseudonymous Bosch?

She gave it five out of five baby giraffes.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe I still need to start this series. I loved all of her reviews and I can't wait to start them. I just have so many books on my TBR list! :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't started yet?! What's the matter with you? :) Honestly, I don't think there are enough hours in the day for everything we want to do.

      Delete