Monday, August 20, 2012

What's Marissa Reading? The Name of This Book is Secret

Hello, and happy Monday! If all goes well, when you read this I will be on vacation!!! Sorry, but it's been a while since I had any appreciable time off--8 months or so. So I'm spending this week away with the family--no cell phones, computers, blogs, or writing.

But not to worry. I've enlisted one of the Reading Crew, my  niece Marissa, to guest host the blog while I'm gone. She's been reading a most unusual series that she's dying to tell you all about. So, here's the first book--The Name of This Book is Secret, by Pseudonymous Bosch. No, I'm not being cheeky, that's really the name of the book. I'll let Marissa tell you a little bit more about it.



Here's what Marissa says the book is about.

"Well it starts out when you meet a girl named Cass, a survivalist who is always looking out for threats to her community. There is also a boy named Max-Ernest who hopes to be a stand up comedian. When he goes to test out a joke on her, they surprisingly become friends. While at her grandfather's antique shop Cass overhears a real estate agent who is trying to sell a dead magician's house. At this remark Cass feels a surge of adventure. 

"She confronts Max-Ernest on the matter and they decide to go take a look, which was the worst mistake of their lives. While in the house they find a secret passage with an office inside. While they are snooping around Cass finds a notebook. But then they hear something. It's the real estate agent trying to sell the house to two very 'dazzling' people. 

"Cass and Max-Ernest later find out that these two people are Dr. L and Ms. Mauvis who have kidnapped one of their schoolmates, Benjamin Blake! Will they succeed in recovering him? Or will Dr. L and Ms. Mauvis catch them in the act? Read the book! (This is the first book of the Secret Series)"

What did Marissa like best about the book?

"I liked how the author/narrator told the story. He told it like it was filled with such terrible secrets he just couldn't bear to tell the story. I also liked how it was a mystery."

Was there anything she didn't like?

"Nothing, loved it!" 

So, how did Marissa rate The Name of This Book is Secret, by Pseudonymous Bosch?

She gave it five out of five baby giraffes.


3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you loved everything about this book. I have been wanting to read it for ages because of the cover and title. Now I know I should start it asap! Thanks for the terrific review.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marissa! I have seen this book around and have wondered about it. Now I know I must read it and get a copy for my classroom. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has a really cool cover and the concept is really interesting. When Marissa was visiting I saw the book lying around and just had to start reading. Now I'm going to have to read all of these books!

    ReplyDelete