Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What's Abigail Reading? Michelle, the Not-So-Great Outdoors

Okay, so here's the deal. Abigail has been lobbying to be able to talk to me on the blog about books she's been reading. So I've managed to negotiate an accord whereby Christian and Abigail will talk with me about what they've been reading every other week.

Last week, Christian talked about a book, so now it's Abby's turn. We'll see how this works out. I really don't know if this is a passing fad with Abigail or not.Like many second graders, she wants to do what her big brother is doing if it seems cool. I'd like her to stick with it as it will encourage her to read. If you like what she has to say, please leave your comment at the bottom of the post--it will give her some encouragement. Thanks!

This week, Abby is reading a book featuring characters from the old Full House TV show, Michelle, the Not-So-Great Outdoors.



Here's what Abby says the book it about.

"Michelle and her family are going camping. Michelle signed up for an outdoors class. When the family got to the campsite, they ate dinner because it was getting late. The next morning they had pancakes with mint syrup, and Michelle didn't like it. Some of the syrup got on her clothes. 

"So Danny told her to go to the bathrooms, where there were showers. So she went into the shower and put her clothes on the door. When she was ready to get dressed, she found her clothes were gone and had to run back to camp in a towel. That was the start of her not so good camping trip.

"She meets a girl named Elizabeth who doesn't get along with at first. They are competing against each other for the Chipmunk Trophy. Whoever gets the most points in different events wins. I won't tell you what happens, but they work things out in the end."

Here's what Abby liked best about the book.

"I really liked when Michelle went to her first day of outdoors class. I liked it because they got to build shelters out of leaves and branches, whatever they wanted."

Was anything she didn't like?

"I didn't like that Elizabeth and Michelle got lost in the woods. I imagined what it would be like if I was lost. I didn't like that."

So, how did Abby rate The Not-So-Great Outdoors?

Abby gives it five out of five puppies and kittens.


4 comments:

  1. While I haven't read any of the Full House books- I did watch quite a few episodes of the show when it was on. It sounds like the books are a hit with your daughter! Always nice to hear what she thinks about books. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess. I enjoy watching it with the kids, and remember watching it a little when it was on. She likes them because of the show. I think it helps her visualize the characters.

      Delete
  2. I loved the review! I watched reruns of the show and I loved it! Looks like an interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the movies and the books but I love the movies better!!!!!!!!!!! They are all amazing!

      Delete