Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Deliverers Interview: Cordon

Our second Deliverers interview this week is with Cordon the blacksmith and Calendria Council member. Let's see what he's got to say.


Greg:  Hi Cordon. Thanks for taking some time out of your busy schedule to talk with us.

Cordon:  Don't mention it. Always happy to chew the fat with one of Eric's friends.

Greg:  You were one of the first Calendrians to push for actively resisting Sharky, is that right?

Cordon:   I'm not rightly sure what you mean. If you're asking was I one of the first to say that we should stand up to Sharky and his lowdown band of scum, then yeah, I'd say I was. THe majority of the village was afraid of Sharky. I guess I couldn't blame them, seeing as how he seemed to live forever.

Greg:  But you weren't aftraid?

Cordon:  Oh sure, I was afraid. But I got to thinking. Did I want to go spending my life always under that filthy dogs thumb? As far as I was concerned, that wasn't any way to live. So what could I do? Sit around while he robbed us blind and made our lives miserable, or do something about it? I chose to do something.

Greg:  So what did you decide to do?

Cordon:  Well, sir, I started making weapons. I figured one day they'd come in handy when I convinced everyone that resistance was the only course of action. And they did come in handy, eventually.

I never put much stock in the Deliverers legend, but I have to admit to the truth of it now. It took the arrival of Eric and Stig to spark the village. If they hadn't arrived, I don't know what would have happened.

Greg:  So what was your plan?


Cordon:  To be honest, I hadn't really formed one. I forged weapons and stashed them away whenever I had the chance. As I said, I knew they'd come in handy eventually. I mostly ranted and raved every chance I got, hoping to rouse someone to action.

I couldn't get anyone to support me. People thought I was crazy to try to resist Shaky, and they thought he'd eventually discover the weapons and run me through.

Greg:  No one supported you?

Cordon:  Okay, I suppose that's not entirely true. There were a few. Charles Endria, for one. He was in favor of the idea of revolting, but was not in favor of trying to ambush Sharky and his crew--he thought it would be too risky.

Moira Bottleneck was another who wanted to resist, and Kate, although she was a firm believer in the Deliverers. I guess when it came down to it, we were right to wait, and our success was due in great part to them. Their purpose was to bind us all together as a people and give us strength of purpose.

Greg:  Well, thank you so much for talking with us, Cordon. Although you might not realize it, you were a key voice for your people advocating freedom, and Eric and Stig had an easier time convincing people because of the support of you and Charles.

Cordon:  I just wanted us to be free to stand on our own two feet, free of the pirates' tyranny. If I was able to play some part in that, then I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment