Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What's Christian Reading? The Son of Neptune

Christian has been tackling a very long book this week, Rick Riordan's The Son of Neptune. I'm anxious to hear what he thinks about it. So, without further ado, here's Christian's take on it.

Here's what Christian says the book is about.

"It's about Percy Jackson. He's lost his memory and is trying to regain it. At first, he only remembers Annabeth. But, as time goes on he remembers more stuff. He finds out that Tyson is looking for him. Tyson  was sent by Camp Half -Blood to find Percy, because he's missing.

"Percy got switched with a boy named Jayson from the Roman Camp Jupiter by Hera to try to make peace between the two camps. Percy has two friends in Camp Jupiter, Hazel and Frank. They go on a quest up to Alaska to beat Alcyoneus, who is a son of Gea. 

"In order to beat him, they have to take him out of Alaska. They also have to free Thantos, the god of death, and assistant of Hades."

Here's what Christian liked best.

"The best part was when Frank was claimed by Ares the god of war. He thought he was going to be claimed by Apollo, and wasn't really that happy when he wasn't. I thought it was pretty interesting."

Was there anything he didn't like?

"Nah, I liked it all."

So, how did Christian rate The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan?

He gives it five out of five flaming monkey heads.

2 comments:

  1. The first review of Christian's that I cannot read! I am just starting this book and I was afraid that I might read something that would give me a clue to what happens to Percy. So- I cheated and looked at the flaming monkeys- 5. Yay! And I saw that he liked everything about it. I am looking forward to another great read from Rick Riordan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a really good book. I hope Lizzy writes a review when she's finished it!

    ReplyDelete