Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's Christian Reading? Darth Paper Strikes Back

Christian is an avid 4th grade reader. This post is about what he's reading. This is by no means an actual review, just his comments on whatever book he's reading at the time.

 
Christian has had a busy week, and has been reading a lot of books. He only finished one, however. That book was Darth Paper Strikes Back by Tom Angleberger. This book is a sequel to Origami Yoda. I haven't read them, but they seem to be similar to the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. That's just my general impression, let's see what Christian had to say about it.



Here's what Christian says the book is about.

"Tommy has this friend named Dwight, and his school is trying to send Dwight to CREF, a school for violent kids. Dwight was set up by his nemesis, Harvey. Harvey told the principal that Dwight was doing bad things.

"Dwight made an origami Yoda, that supposedly brought peace and happiness to the school. Harvey made Darth Paper, an origami figure that looked like Darth Vader and brought doom and evil to McQuarrie Middle School.

"Tommy and his friends put together a case file that proved Dwight was innocent. They intend to bring it to the school board meeting where Dwight's case will be decided. But then, Harvey made off with the case file, and tampers with it.

"You'll have to read the book to see what happens next."

Here's what Christian liked best.

"I really liked the case file. It told all the ways that Origami Yoda helped out the school. There were some funny things in there. It had things that Origami Yoda said. They were all in Yoda-speak, which was funny."

Was there anything that you didn't like?

"Yes there was. I didn't like the fact that all the teachers and the principal couldn't see that Dwight was trying to help the school get rid of its problems. The only people that saw it were the children."

So, how did Christian rate Darth Paper Strikes Back, by Tom Angleberger?

Christian thinks this book is good for ages 7 to 11. He gives it four out of five flaming monkey heads.

4 comments:

  1. As someone who grew up with Star Wars- I have been very curious about this series of books. I haven't read them yet- but I have them on my maybe list. I trust Christian's opinion- so I will move them to my TBR list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star Wars is great. I always associated Yoda with my mother, because she loves Yoda. In fact, she gave Christian both these books for Christmmas, and he's read them several times.

      Delete
  2. That is cool that your mom gave those books to Christian. I always think Stephanie's mom is the Zen master- like Yoda. :) I haven't read this sereis- but they sound good. I am also a big Star Wars fan! May the force be with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christian enjoys them. He really likes Star Wars. Star Wars is great--wish the three other movies (chapters 7, 8, & 9) would be made, but probably not going to happen. Thanks for reading!

      Delete