Thursday, February 23, 2012

What's Christian Reading? Geronimo Stilton: The Quest for Paradise



Christian is an avid 4th grade reader. This post is about what he's reading. This is by no means an actual review, just his comments on whatever book he's reading at the time.

This week, Christian has been reading Geronimo Stilton: The Quest for Paradise. 



Here's what Christian says the book is about:

"It's about Geronimo Stilton, a newspaper mouse who owns the Rodents' Gazette, the most popular newspaper on Mouse Island. He's visited the Kingdom of Fantasy before and has been called back again. In this adventure, he has to find the Map of Paradise in the Land of the Orgs.

"Once he finds the Map of Paradise, he has to go through many different lands to find the Heart of Happiness. It turns out, it's in the Kingdom of the Fairies, where they started.

"Some of the lands he visits are the Lands of Sweets, Comfort, and Fairy Tales, among others. The lands are interesting, and exciting."

Here's what Christian liked about it.

"I like the fact that it's funny. Geronimo is funny--he's scared of everything, like the dark, cats, and things that go bump in the  n night. But he always gets to the bottom of the mystery. I also like how he always wins."

Was there anything you didn't like?

"I must say, I liked it all. This is a great series."

So, how many flaming monkey heads does Christian give Geronimo Stilton: The Quest for Paradise?

Christian gives it 4 1/2 out of 5 flaming monkey heads.





4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Maybe I will give one of the books in this series a try. I have seen them around, but they didn't catch my eye. A student of mine a few years ago LOVED them and was always reading them. I have enjoyed Christian's other reviews- so I will pick up a Geronimo Stilton book! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was really into them a year or so ago, but has picked them up again recently. His little sister has discovered them, which might have something to do with his going back to them.

      Glad you like his reviews, he'll be pleased.

      Delete
  2. I like the cover- it looks fun. My boyfriend's nephew might like this series- I will have to check it out. Great review, Christian!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He read your comment and was very pleased. He has always liked this series.

      Delete