Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What's Christian Reading? George's Marvelous Medicine


This week, Christian decided to share his thoughts on another Roald Dahl book that he's been reading, George's Marvelous Medicine. One day last month, Christian came home from the library with a Roald Dahl Treasury, which was a compliation of a bunch of his books. I never realized how prolific Roald Dahl was. I'm going to have to read this book.

Here is Christian's take on Roald Dahl's George's Marvelous Medicine.


This is what Christian says the book is about.

"It's about a boy who has a nasty grandma, and he gets left home alone with her. She's really grouchy, so he decides to give her a taste of her own medicine. He makes a concoction of many different items around the house and animal medicine. Some of the things he puts in it are toothpaste, shaving soap, vitamin enriched hair cream, hair remover, horse pills, sheep pills, antifreeze, motor oil, and brown paint among other things.

"It is quite a short book, only 89 pages. The medicine makes grandma grow to an enormous size. You won't believe what happens."

Here's what Christian liked most about the book.

"The part that I liked most was when Grandma grew to an enormous size, because then she started complaining even worse than usual. She complained about the fact that George made her grow. The book was very funny."

Here's what Christian did not like about the book.

"The fact that it was so short. I didn't really like how the grandmother was so pushy. If I were George I would have done exactly what he did!"

What do you like about Roald dahl's books, because you've read so many of them?

"I like them, because they all have a touch of fantasy. All his books touch on fantasy, even though they take place in the real world. I also like the fact that they are all pretty funny."

So how does Christian rate George's Marvelous Medicine by Roald Dahl?

Christian gives it 4 1/2 out of 5 Flaming Monkey Heads.

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I was obsessed with Roald Dahl books in elementary school and read all of them that we had at my school and town library! This is one I haven't read. I guess I should check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of this one, either. Roald Dahl was just such a great writer. I wish I had half as much imagination as he did.

    ReplyDelete