Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's Christian Reading? Eggs

Okay, my blogging week is finally back on track! Today is Wednesday, and that means it's time for What's Christian Reading?

This week, Christian's reading Eggs by Jerry Spinelli.


Here's what Christian says Eggs is about.

"It's about this boy David, who lost his mother a year ago when she slipped on the stairs. She hit her head and fell asleep and never woke up again. So, David is taking out his anger on everybody. He doesn't live by his grandmother's rules.

"He meets a girl named Primrose. She has a mother who's creepy, so she moves out. Primrose lives in a junked out car with no wheels. She painted it white, and built a little fence around it. They become friends. Primrose convinces David to walk to Philadelphia by following the railroad tracks.

"The rest of the book is about what happens to them on their journey"

Here's what Christian liked best about Eggs.

"I liked how David trusted Primrose. I liked how David and Primrose fought. It was funny. They were almost exactly alike, but they fought. They both had an air of confidence. Primrose rushed into things, while David was more cautious."

Here's what Christian didn't like about Eggs.

"It was hard not to like anything in this book. I didn't really get how they could each survive on two drinks each from a juice bottle and some beef jerky on their walk to Philadelphia."

How did Christian rate Eggs?

Christian give it four and a half out of five flaming monkey heads.

 

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I have read many Jerry Spinelli books- but I haven't read Eggs yet. After reading this review- I know it will be read by me sometime soon! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never heard of him until Christian brought the book home. I'm going to checck it out.

    ReplyDelete