Monday, January 30, 2012

What An Awesome Day

Well. where do I start? First of all, I should tell you that the Monday Interview Series will not be seen this week, so that we may bring you the following special presentation. It will return next week on its regularly scheduled day.

Yesterday was just fantastic. I had such a great turnout at the book signing. Two Steps was great, thanks Tom and Company for treating me so well! I want to thank everyone who was able to make it. It was great to see so many friends there, and to make some new ones, as well! I was fortunate enough to sell (and sign) a bunch of copies of my book, The Deliverers: Sharky and the Jewel.
Eager author waiting for the crowds
I had a great day. People were buying like crazy, and I was signing everything in sight! It was great seeing all my friends from Union Savings Bank, and the Candlewood Lions Club, and everyone else who took time out from their busy Sunday to stop by.


I was also excited to meet a couple of friends for the first time. Jess and Stephanie from the Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow have been great blogging friends, and have given me a whole lot of support ever since I started my blog in October. That included showing up at the book signing, buying a couple of books, and presenting me with a signed copy of their book, The Secret DMS Files of Fairday Morrow! I can't wait to read it. You'll hear more about this book in the coming weeks.

Middle Grade Authors Greg Slomba and Stephanie Robinson
The whole event was fantastic, but it didn't end there. After that, it was off to our Chinese New Year celebration in Hartsdale, New York. It was great to see all ten families! This was the first time in a while that all of us were together for an event! The restaurant was great, and put up with more than 40 people, including 16 children 11 and under, with a smile.

Mothers and children--Happy New Year!!
I don't know how the day could have been any better! Thanks to everyone who helped make it so special!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic post! What an amazing day. Stephanie and I really enjoyed meeting you and getting our signed copies of your book. Sunday sure was a busy day for you- but what a day! All around A+ kind of day. :) Yeah!

    I know Stephanie really enjoyed the book and I just started it and am into it! You are a talented writing and the story flows nicely. I am looking forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jess! It was amazing to meet the two of you, and to get a copy of your book. I can't wait to read it! I don't think that I can ever have a day like that again. Everything just went so well.

    I'm glad you're liking the book. That means a lot. Let me know what you think when you're done!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic day! A great way to start a week- so much excitement! I can only imagine how thrilled you were about the day. I am so glad that everything went so well for you. I am sure it was very stressful beforehand thinking and worrying if everything would run smoothly. The setup of the book signing was great. How wonderful that you had so many people that were able to come out and support you.

    You are a talented writer and your book is a joy to read. I know I will have a lot of students wanting to read it, now that I can put a copy in our class library (not the one I got signed, but my other copy).

    Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't have asked for a better result for my first signing. I was excited and stressed leading up to it, but once I had everything set up, I felt socalm. I honestly can say from that point on I enjoyed every minute of theday!

    I hope your students enjoy it. I can't wait to come visit your class, read a little of the book, and answer some questions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I couldn't make it, I felt really bad once I heard we'd missed the book signing.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you felt calm and got to enjoy the day!

    I know my students will be excited for the book and your visit. They love reading and this is right up their alley! Your visit will be a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel--No worries! Maybe we'll get together for the next one.

    Stephanie--It's goinng to be fun.

    ReplyDelete