Monday, December 26, 2011

What I'm Doing on My Holiday

Hello, everybody. I hope you had a great holiday. I sure did! I got a couple good things, including a new camera. I also got some Amazon gift cards so I can get a few books that I've had my eye on, including a couple in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, and the first couple of Brian Jacques' Castaways of the Flying Dutchman series. Gift cards are cool!

The other good part of Christmas is watching the reaction of my children. They're 7 and 9, and for some reason, they were really amped up about it this year. It's always great when they say, "This is the best Christmas ever!" We got that this year, and we  didn't break the bank--mission accomplished.

Another good thing about Christmas is that we go over to visit my parents for the day, and then leave the kids with them for a few days. That means that my wife and I get some time together to go to grown up restaurants and stroll through stores at our leisure.

It also means that I've got some time to write. Today, I was able to sit down and concentrate long enough to get into chapter 5 of the next book in the Deliverers series. That was 1,600 words in about three hours. Not too bad. I also stumbled upon a new character, who promises to be interesting. Not sure if he's good or bad at this point, but I'm sure I'll find out, eventually.

So, I'm feeling relaxed and happy. I'm making progress on the book. I'm getting quality time with my wife. My kids are having fun with Mimi and Grandpa. You couldn't ask for a better vacation than that.

So, how was your holiday? Did you receive any cool books?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderfully magical holiday! Great that you were able to get in some writing time- I'm looking forward to that! ~ Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been great, Jess. The time is going quick, though. If I'm lucky, I'll find some time to write some more this weekend!

    ReplyDelete