Monday, December 12, 2011

The Publicity Continues...

Hello everyone. I wasn't intending to post today, but I figured I should. On Sunday, the book was featured in our metro area paper, The Danbury News Times. Here's a copy of the article:


All in all, a really nice article, although I think I made a rookie mistake by assuming they'd make a photo of the cover from the book I provided them, as The Citizen News had done. I should have provided an image up front. My bad. Live and learn. Still, thank you so much, Carolyn Mueller, for a great article!

So now, I'll have to look for some other publicity outlets, including blog interviews. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

So far, sales are great, and the response from the kids has been overwhelmingly positive. It's great to have that reinforcement that I really did write a great book! Today, a coworker told me that her children wanted to meet me and ask me some questions about the book. I'm looking forward to talking with them. Right now, they've read to about Chapter 5, so they're just starting to get into the meat of it.

If any of you are teachers in the Connecticut area and would like me to come read at your school, please let me know by contacting me at the book's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Deliverers-Sharky-and-the-Jewel/106991556036870), or commenting on this post and we can make arrangements.


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful article. I am so excited for you and the publicity you are getting for your book! How fabulous! Jess and I will be sending some interview questions for you soon- school has been crazy with report cards and the end of the marking period. We are looking forward to showcasing you as our first author interview. :)

    Also- we will have to set up a time for you to come into my 5th grade classroom. Please let me know if December or January works better for you and we can set it up. The students in my class will be thrilled to meet an author. We can work out the details.

    Also- I finally had a chance to start reading the book last night. I will be starting chapter 5 tonight. Love the names of the council members. :) Great book so far!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes, Stephanie! I'm looking forward to the interview. I know this is a crazy time of year, so whenever you have time is fine.

    January sounds like a good time for a visit. It's going to be fun!

    I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the book. It's great seeing the reaction of the kids. We had a party at my boss' house for the children in the department. She bought the book for the three girls who were old enough for it. It was awesome to see the three of them lying on the floor in a row all reading my book! Nothing beats that feeling, and I don't think I'll ever get tired of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Greg- I live in New Fairfield! How bizarre! ~ Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, did you see the article in last week's Citizen News? I posted about it, too. It's really a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I got the paper and clipped out the article! It looked great and I was so excited to see someone I know on the front page! Congrats!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete