Thursday, December 8, 2011

Peering Through the Mist

So the last couple of evenings I've been working on the background information for the next book. I've made some great progress. I've got the motivations down and most of the major people within that world identified. The world is definately taking shape. Things are still hazy, but I'm breaking through the mist.


It's funny how things just sort of maturally open up whenever I go through this process. Now when I envision this world in my mind's eye, I at least have an idea of what it looks like, who the people are, and what problems they face.

I still don't have much of an idea of exactly how events will play out, but I'm much closer. I can even envision that there will be some twists and turns along the way. I can see the plot moving in a few different directions. That's part of the journey, part of the fun. This book is shaping up to be pretty good. I can't wait to see how things turn out.

I know that there will be some more (perhaps many more) roadblocks and details along the way, but things are moving forward. As long as I'm making progress, I'll be happy, and you'll be closer to having the second book in your hands.

2 comments:

  1. I love the feeling of when the vision in my head starts to take shape in my mind's eye. One thing that always helps me visualize the chapter is to draw a chapter picture. Seeing the illustration on paper is always rewarding and inspirational. ~ Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Wish I was an artist, too. Whenever I try that, it never lives up to the vision I have in my head.

    ReplyDelete