Friday, December 30, 2011

New Year, New Format

It's funny how time goes. This blog is only two and a half months old. To me it seems I've been writing it for two and a half years. Up to now, I've written about basically whatever comes into my head, which is fine for me. But I want to make it interesting for you, too. I wanted to focus a little less on myself, and more on children's books and writing.

So, with that in mind, I'm announcing some new weekly features that I hope you'll enjoy.

Mondays--The Monday Interview Series. This was inspired by the Deliverers Character Interviews where I interviewed characters from my book. This new series will feature interviews with famous characters in classic children's literature and fairy tales. No, there won't be any interviews with Harry Potter or Percy Jackson because I can do without the copyright hassles, but they should be entertaining and--I hope--fun.

Tuesdays--Did You Know? This will feature trivia on the book or story in which the weekly interviewee appears. My wife says I'm a trivia magnet, all these useless facts stick in my head. This will give me a chance to dust some of them off and put them to good use.

Wednesdays--What's Christian Reading? My nine year old son, Christian, is a fourth grader who lives to read. He reads anything and everything, some good, and some that are just glorified comic books. He'll be here to discuss whatever he's reading in a particular week. He'll tell us a little of what it's about, and what he likes--and doesn't like--about it. He may even give us a rating. Anyway, it should give us an insight into what kinds of books a fourth grader might like.

Thursday--Random Thoughts. This could be anything. If I go on a trip or something great happens (like I land a five book contract with Scholastic), you'll hear about it here.

Friday--A Writer's Week. This will be a weekly update on what I've done on the writing front over the course of the previous week. This will give you an insight into what goes on in my (twisted) writer's brain, and will help keep me on track. You never know, I might be asking you for some help when I hit a rough patch.

Saturday and Sunday--These will be days off. This will give me a chance to spend time with the family and to write. It will also give all of you a chance to go off and have some weekend fun without fear of missing a single riveting moment!

Well, that's the plan. What do you think? They say that a blog is an evolutionary thing. You start off at one point and evolve to another. The last two and a half months have been an evolution, and I thank you for sharing that with me. This new lineup should be a lot of fun. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

  1. I just read through your new blog format and I think it is awesome. I am looking forward to the new setup! It will be fun to see what your son is reading too. Good luck in 2012!

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie. Good luck to you, too!

    ReplyDelete