Friday, December 23, 2011

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Well, it's here. That magical time of year when everyone seems to be a bit nicer. People hold doors for you, smile and say "Merry Christmas," or "Happy holidays." It makes you wonder why people can't be so nice all the time. After all, it really doesn't take too much effort. Ah well, I'll enjoy it while it lasts, and I'll try to remember to keep my end of the friendly deal up during the coming year!

Here's a favorite from my youth--Bing Crosby & David Bowie singing The Little Drummer Boy (Peace on Earth). Amen to that!



Anyhow, I'm done with work for an entire week (won't think about what will be waiting for me when I get back). Now it's time to relax. The in laws are coming for Christmas Eve, and we're going over to my parents' on Christmas day. Then, the kids stay at my parents' house for a few days, and Stephanie and I get some alone time. Yay! That means a trip to New York to climb the Empire State Building (47 years and I've never been inside the darn thing), and celebrating Stephanie's mother's birthday on the 27th.

I'm also looking forward to getting some major writing done on the second book. I've finished the first two chapters, started the third, and outlined the third, fourth and fifth chapters so far. The way is clear to make some major progress! I'll let you know how I make out.

Finally, I'd like to wish all of you a very merry Christmas/holiday, and a safe, happy, healthy 2012! Thank you all so much for your support and interest in the months since I started this blog and launched the book. Without you, I wouldn't have been half as successful as I've been.

I'll leave you with the ending of a great film, It's a Wonderful Life. I think Clarence's note to George sums it all up. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment