Thursday, November 10, 2011

Publication, Day 2

Well, I've been published for a day (more or less), and it's been great so far. Thank you all so much for your good wishes and support. So now, the book is out there, and you will buy it and read it. That's great, and it's great for this blog, because now you will know what the heck I'm talking about. It should allow me to go in some more interesting directions.

I'd like to have some guests come on and write some posts about the book, and what you liked and what you didn't like about it. I've also got one or two deleted chapters which are quite interesting, and some early plot explorations which I will share.

As I get more savvy about this thing called blogging, I'll be running some contests. I'll be keeping you up to date on the book signings and book shows that I'll be attending. It's a whole new world, and I'll be taking you right along with me.

I'm currently hammering out an idea for Eric and company's next adventure. I intend to give you updates on how it's going, and I'll probably ask for your input, too.

Writing today is a more communal activity than it's been traditionally. I used to lock myself away and write. Now I write in front of the whole world, letting everyone know my thoughts, challenges, successes, and wrong turns. I'm thankful for your support, and it keeps me mindful of who I'm writing for. It's not just myself. I'm writing for you.

2 comments:

  1. I put my order into Amazon this afternoon and
    can't wait for them to arrive. My book club was
    very excited and are also waiting for my copies
    to arrive. There are several middle school teachers in the group and so the ripple effect begins!
    Love, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! If any of them want me to come in to do a reading, tell them I'm available!

    ReplyDelete