Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hallo Tosis--Strange Name For A Dwarf

Hallo Tosis the dwarf is the fourth main character in my book. I know, it's kind of a stinky name. Right from the beginning, Hallo had a hard life. First, his father stuck him with that horrible name. Then, he finds that he's the least talented dwarf in the history of the Dwarf Kingdom. This gets him banished.

So, he's forced to wander the Iron Mountains, unable to get help from the dwarves of the Kingdom, and unwilling to go down to Calendria and reveal himself to the Big Folk. Finally, he decides to end it all, but changes his mind at the last minute, which is when he enters the story.

Hallo turns out to be invaluable. He helps the village in their plan to defeat Sharky and his pirate band. He also learns a few interesting things about his family history that change his relationship with his father.

He's feisty and funny and another standout character. He took a little while to develop, but once he did, he really took off. He's the perfect finish to the quartet of Eric, Stig, Kate, and Hallo--the group that became The Deliverers.

4 comments:

  1. Hallo sounds like an interesting character!

    My student teacher, Denise, told me about your book and gave me the link to your blog. It sounds like a great book for the age group I teach (5th grade). If there is anyway I can read a copy of the book (just to make sure it is appropriate)- then I would love to have you come in and do a little author talk with my class. I am sure they would enjoy it too.

    I just signed up to follow your blog. :) When you have a chance, please stop by the blog for my middle grade novel that I am hoping to get published. http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    Also, I read in one of your posts that you have a fb page. I couldn't find the link, or I would have liked that, too. If you go and like my fb fan page http://www.facebook.com/fairday and let me know I can then do the same for you.

    Also- another great site for networking is Book Blogs (I am not sure if you have heard of it).

    Take care-
    Stephanie- although I may show up as Lizzy, one of the main character from my novel. I can't figure out how to fix it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes, Stephanie. I'd love to post a link to your blog. Perhaps, you could list my blog on your site?

    I'm kind of a newbie on the FB page deal. My link is a lot longer than yours, so maybe I've goofed, somehow? The link is https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Deliverers-Sharky-and-the-Jewel/106991556036870.

    I'd love to do a reading in your class. Fifth grade is the perfect age. The book just went live on Amazon today. Perhaps you could read the preview to get a taste? It's also been out on Kindle for a while now.

    Let me know what you think. Thannks again for your interest!
    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great- i found your fb page by pasting in your link. I don't think there is anything wrong with your link- it just might take a while to type. :) But it is cool that it has your book title in it!

    I will have to check out the preview of your book on Amazon over the weekend. It is parent conference time of year at school and things are very busy! I look forward to checking it out.

    My co-author, Jess, and I will do what we can to help you. :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate it. I originally wanted to title it The Deliverers because it's going to be a series, but that domain was taken. I've signed up with Book Blogs and get into that.

    ReplyDelete